Trouble posting my ebook here on lush

last reply
14 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been trying to post my ebook (on Amazon) here on Lush, but I keep getting an error message "Unable to parse image from url". Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Lars.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by LarsKaiden
I've been trying to post my ebook (on Amazon) here on Lush, but I keep getting an error message "Unable to parse image from url". Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Lars.

*thread moved to help desk*

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble posting your story.

Are you copying and pasting the plain text into our story submit screen?

Could you give us an exact step by step of what you are doing when the error appears? Can't say it is one I have come across before.

Thanks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Liz,

Firstly, sorry for posting in the wrong section. I didn't realize there was a separate Help Desk section.

One of the options under Settings - More options - is Manage Your eBooks. There, you are supposed to be able to provide a link to books that you have published on Amazon or Smashwords.

The direct link to that page is: https://www.lushstories.com/membership/Details/your-ebooks.aspx?s=ebooks (That would be for you to upload your ebooks).

My ebook link is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010679KJS

When I post that into the box, it tells me "Unable to parse image from url"

I did also sent this request for help through the Contact Us, but I have not heard back from anyone, hence posting to the forum.

Thanks,

Lars.
Matriarch
0 likes
It may be that Amazon have changed the way their pages are created. That would have a knock-on effect to how we suck the info into our site.

Leave it with us
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks very much Nicola.
Matriarch
0 likes
Gav is updating our Mongo DB server at the moment, which should mean noticeable increases in performance across the site.

After that's done, he can look at this.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
I've found that using the British (amazon.co.uk) link works but doesn't provide the clickable title for the ebook entry. However, the picture is still clickable. This might be a useful work-around for you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AbigailThornton
I've found that using the British (amazon.co.uk) link works but doesn't provide the clickable title for the ebook entry. However, the picture is still clickable. This might be a useful work-around for you.

Thanks Abigail. That's a good start. I'm looking forward to it also being fixed for the US. smile

Lars.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just wondering if there's any update on this... I tried again today and I'm still getting the same result.
Matriarch
0 likes
The database update is still going on. Until Gav updates us that it's been completed, then unfortunately, it means there's a code freeze.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK, thanks. I'll wait patiently. smile
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
How's Gav coming along?

amazon.com is still showing "unable to parse image", while amazon.com.au is showing "unable to parse description". I'm making do with amazon.co.uk as suggested in the meantime.

With the Lush Summer anthology hot off the presses, it'd be great if the contributing authors could get the link up quickly on their profile pages.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by LarsKaiden
Just wondering if there's any update on this... I tried again today and I'm still getting the same result.

I have updated the amazon page parser so hopefully it will successfully add your eBook now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gav

I have updated the amazon page parser so hopefully it will successfully add your eBook now.

It works perfectly now. Thanks very much Gav.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LarsKaiden

It works perfectly now. Thanks very much Gav.

And adding on another note of thanks to Gav for all that hard work and perseverance. Your work is a benefit to us all.