Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

A Night In Shining Kevlar (Part 2)

"Two people thrown together explore new heights."

19
5 Comments 5
824 Views 824
6.0k words 6.0k words

Author's Notes

"Copyright © 2023. This is a copyrighted work. Unauthorised use is prohibited. <p> [ADVERT] </p>All rights reserved by the author."

“…traumatised.” 

Vicki flinched as he said it.  Yes, that’s what I am.  Traumatised.  A silly girl responding to my Knight because I’m ‘traumatised’. 

She pushed back from him, waiting until he’d finished talking on his radio. 

“I’m not traumatised,” she said, angrily, as soon as his hand lowered from the button.  It was insulting.  He’d kissed her back, hadn’t he?  Had he been merely placating her? 

She moved back further, her anger giving her energy, warmth even.  She held onto it, getting a leg beneath her, preparing to stand.

“Wait, let me help you…” His expression was hurt, guarded.  Good.

She was being petty, dammit all.  He didn’t deserve her wrath.  Oh, he’d rejected her with that comment… she knew that now… but she’d instigated it.  She’d kissed him first, then goaded him into kissing her back. 

“I don’t need your help, thank you.”  She stood slowly, taking her time, ensuring that she didn’t embarrass herself even further by fainting again.  Never again.  Not before this man, for sure.

He rose too, keeping his arms out as if ready to catch her, but not touching.  “Don’t be angry with me, please.” His voice was apologetic, his expression earnest, his eyes staying deliberately on her face, even as she revealed her full nakedness to him once more.  “You may not realise it, but you are showing signs of trauma…”

“So I’m traumatised,” she all but spat the word at him.  “And you just did what you did to calm me.”  And damn him that it had worked.  Damn his soft lips, his warm hands, his firm body… his kind, composed voice. 

She wanted to lash out at him, to make him hurt because she’d liked it.  She’d liked him.  And with that one word, he’d rejected her.  She wasn’t traumatised.

But even as she thought it, even as she saw the hurt in his expression, the openness he’d shown her ever since he’d arrived, she realised that actually, she probably was traumatised.  How could she not be?  His assessment – his professional assessment, no less – may have carried more than a modicum of truth. 

And objectively, her behaviour even now, even in this moment, only seemed to be reinforcing that truth. 

So she was traumatised.  So what?  That didn’t drive her to kiss him, she’d wanted to.  He’d kissed her back.  He’d wanted to… hadn’t he? 

She took a breath, trying to calm herself, and realised as she did that she’d treated him poorly again.  Her Knight, her rescuer, and she such a… bitch.  She should apologise, explain that it was just because she had felt so vulnerable, so confused, so scared, so… traumatised

Damn him for being so right.  Damn her reaction to him.  Did she even want him, or was it just the intensity of their encounter?  ‘Want’ him?  Now I ‘want’ him?   But she did.  She realised that now.  It was more than the circumstances of their encounter.  Possibly.  She hoped it was more than that, that her judgement wasn’t so flawed, merely because she’d been… traumatised.

But yes, in this moment, she did want him. 

Yet she knew she couldn’t have him.

He wouldn’t allow it, not while it conflicted with his training, with his sense of responsibility.  Not while he saw her as a ‘victim’.  Not while she was… traumatised.

She watched as he picked his coat from the floor.  He straightened slowly, and she thought she saw a furrow across his brow, but it was hard to be sure in the limited light.

“We need to go down,” he said, the coat in his hands.

“Yes.” A curt, monosyllabic answer, fed by her anger.  She stood watching him, waiting, her hands on her hips, making no attempt to hide herself from his eyes but instead to flaunt her nakedness as if to say, ‘I don’t care anymore’, and, ‘you don’t get to have me’.  She hoped he got the message.

He held the coat up.  He didn’t offer it to her; he held it open by its shoulders, in the way a gentleman might hold a coat for a lady.  Why didn’t he just hand it to her?

She would have to turn, present her back to him, slide her arms in and let him place it upon her.

That wasn’t going to happen.

She held out a hand.  “Give it to me.”

“No.”  He just stood there, damn him, his single-word answer resolute and unyielding.

She extended her hand insistently.  “Give it to me.”

“No.” He smiled and took a small step back.

“Fine.” She dropped her hand.  “Keep it.  I’ll go naked.”

“Fine,” he said, and she could hear the smile in his voice.  “Go naked.”  He lifted the coat slightly as if offering it again.

She almost stomped her foot.  Damn the impertinence of the man!  He calls her ‘traumatised’ then plays games with her!  But to go down naked… it was going to be hard enough to go down, let alone do so naked.  And she still hadn’t told him… that.

Damn him.

“Oh very well, you win.  It’s not like I have a choice, is it?” She took a step toward him and turned, reaching to slide one arm into the coat as he held it.  “I thought Knights were gentlemanly.  You are taking advantage.”

“Yes, I am,” he said frankly, holding the coat as she slipped the other arm inside, and that was all the warning she had. 

He stepped into her, wrapping his arms about her, holding her to him, and his mouth came down on the side of her neck, kissing, licking.  His arms slipped around her, pulling her back against him, and his hands… his hands cupped her breasts.

She gasped in surprise, trying to pull away, but he held her still, his lips but an inch from her ear.  “You are traumatised, my little damsel, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want you.  That doesn’t mean I don’t find you beautiful, and desirable.  And spirited… let’s not forget spirited.”

She ceased trying to pull away as she listened to his words, held captive by them, and as soon as she stopped resisting his hands caressed her.  “This is probably the most fleeting relationship in the history of relationships,” he murmured against her, even as his thumbs flicked over her hard nipples and she arched back against him.  “It won’t last past us getting to the ground.  It shouldn’t last past that point and it can’t.  We both know that.  But… it doesn’t mean I don’t want you, right here, right now.”

She moaned, pressing back against him, turning her face to find his, kissing him even as his hands continued to caress her breasts. 

He allowed the kiss for a moment then broke it, his hands dropping away, and instead, he reached for her shoulders and turned her to face him, taking the two sides of the coat and fitting the zip together, pulling it up over her nakedness.

He moved with such gentleness, but such control.  Her anger had abated; he had calmed her again.  Only her arousal lingered... but she wasn’t sure how long he’d had her aroused for.  Since before his hands on her body, that much was certain.  Maybe their first kiss.  Or… no.  The second kiss.  Definitely, the second kiss, when he’d kissed her back.  Assertively, dominantly… arousingly.

She allowed him to dress her in his coat, stood demurely, chastised, while he affixed the zip.  The coat was ridiculously large on her.

She’d been a bitch to him – she admitted that readily enough.  After all, she’d let her anger take over and had ridden it deliberately – he’d met it with playfulness, teasing, and control.  Of her.  He’d given her no choice but the one he wanted her to take, and when she had, he’d taken advantage of her.  He’d controlled her.  Then he’d seduced her with his words, and… she’d allowed him to.  Willingly. 

“We need to go down,” he said, his eyes on hers.

“I know.”

“This’ll be all over soon.  Let’s get you down.”

“Yes, I suppose,” she didn’t want it to be all over soon, but they couldn’t stay here, however much she might wish to.

He heard the reluctance in her voice.  “Don’t worry, I’ll be with you every step of the way.  I’ll keep you safe.”  He took her hand in his.

“I know,” she said again, clutching his hand with both of hers.  She’d never felt safer than she had in the last few minutes, since her Knight had come into her life.

He bent, picking up his gloves, and held them out to her.  “You should put these on.  They’ll keep you slightly warmer out there.”

She shook her head, “These sleeves are more than long enough to cover my hands.”  She released his hand with one of hers, flapping the excess sleeve material to illustrate her point.  When she was done she shook back the sleeve and gripped his hand once more. “Besides, your gloves are way too big for me.  You should wear them.”

He smiled.  “No, I’ll have a better grip of you without them.”  He wedged the gloves inside the waistband of his trousers.

Neither of them acknowledged the truth: both wanted to feel the touch of the other, and the gloves would be an impediment to that.

He picked up the torch and the light danced wildly around the small room. 

“There’s debris across the floor, and your feet are bare.  Would you… would you mind if I carried you?”

“I’d love it if you carried me,” she whispered. 

He smiled at her, then bent and swept his arm behind her knees, picking her up and cradling her to him as though she weighed nothing. 

She laid her head against his chest.  “I thought you’d fling me over your shoulder,” she said playfully.

“Usually, yes… but your naked ass would be too much distraction, and we’d never make it down.”

“I’d be okay with that,” she replied, and her tone was serious.

He smiled down at her gently.  “Let’s get you safe.”

It was only a couple of paces to the girder, but he hadn’t exaggerated: the floor was littered with rubble and sharp hazards to hurt bare feet.

“We have to climb over the girder.  I’m going to go first.  There’s a drop the other side, and I want to be there before you come through, okay?”

“Okay,” she replied, and she couldn’t stop her fear build.  Her voice was small, frightened.

“It’ll be fine,” he sought to reassure.  “I’m going to set you down on the girder itself.  It’s pretty solid, and the floor has all kinds of crap on it.  I need you to wait for me to go over first.  Can you do that?”

“Yes, Sir Knight.”  If you’re quick.  Don’t leave me long, please.

“Thank you, milady.”

He set her down carefully on the lowest part of the girder, checking she was stable before he released her.  “You’ll have to climb up this, but it’s just like a ladder.  I’ll be able to help you as soon as you reach the door.” He indicated with his torch.  “Easy, right?”

“Yes, easy.”  Her voice still sounded scared.  Had he noticed?

“I have to take the torch.  It’s going to get dark fast, but it will just be a moment.  Is that okay?”

“It’s not the dark that scares me.”

He smiled at her reassuringly.  “Right then.  See you on the other side.”

He was up over the girder and jumping down to the floor beyond so quickly that she hardly had a chance to notice the dark, and then the torch was swinging round.  “Your turn.  Take your time, okay?”

She wanted to prove to him that she was as brave as he, but her heart was hammering in her throat.  I should’ve told himBut he’s a firefighter… he wouldn’t understand.  

She clambered up the girder on hands and feet, the large coat a hindrance.  He had been agile; up and over in an instant, and perhaps on a different day, she would have too.  But I’m not really at my best, am I?

Vicki was halfway up the girder before he was able to reach her.  “I’ve got you now, okay?  You’re almost there.”

“I can do it.”  She wanted to show him.  She didn’t want him to see more weakness than she’d already displayed… than she was about to display. 

“Let me help, milady.  This isn’t the time for that stubborn tilt of your chin.”

Vicki glanced at him in surprise.  So yes, she did do that, particularly when she was being recalcitrant.  Her chin would come up slightly, her jaw clench.  Her mother had teased her about it all her life.  He was observant, if he’d noticed so quickly.

And he was right, dammit.  This wasn’t the time for ego.  “Very well.” That sounded petulant.  She tried again.  “Thank you, Sir Knight.”

She climbed, slowly, and he supported her with one hand beneath her elbow, slipping his other arm around her waist as she came in reach.  It was easy to lean into him, the feel of his body against her a comfort, his strength apparent as he lifted her into his arms.

“Okay?” he asked, gently.

“Yes… I’m fine.” She snuggled against him.  “Are you protecting me from sharp objects on the floor, or do you just like carrying me?”

“Both.”

She looked out toward the world, away from him, and saw the devastation of her apartment for the first time.  The light on the platform of his ladder clearly showed the destruction that had been wrought.  This was her bedroom… and she didn’t recognise it at all.  It wasn’t even here.  There was just a hole where her bed had been, the floor angling steeply away, the strobe lights of the emergency services visible almost directly below.  Her wardrobes, her belongings, all her personal things were strewn somewhere down there, gone forever.

And mere feet from where he held her was an abrupt drop down to the ground.  No fence, no railing, nothing to keep her safe, nothing to keep her from being sucked into that vacuum save for his arms around her, and her grip on him.

She whimpered and turned away, burying her face in the corner of his neck, feeling her body begin to tremble again.

“Are you okay?” he asked.  “I’ve got you, okay?  You’re safe.”

Vicki nodded jerkily, gripping him tightly around the neck.  “I… I probably should’ve mentioned before,” and her voice sounded high with the stress she felt, “but… I’m scared of heights.” The last came out in a rush, and she pressed herself tightly against him.  “And… and… not a little bit scared.  Like… really scared.”

“It’ll be fine, you’ll see.  I know it seems scary, but I’m not going to let anything happen to you.  You just need to stay in my arms.  Can you do that?”

His voice was so calm, so reassuring, that she felt herself nod her acceptance.  It was a jerky, panicky nod, but it was a nod.  She knew he’d keep her safe.

“I’m going to walk us over to the platform, and we’ll climb aboard.  I’m going to take us down slowly and gently.  Like a fair ground ride, okay?”

She nodded again, well aware of what he was trying to do by explaining it to her in advance.  It didn’t help.  Maybe a bit.

He took a step toward the edge and she froze, tensing.  “I… I’m not sure I can do this.”

“Sure you can, milady.  Your Knight has you safe.”  Another step.

She fought not to writhe in his arms, for fear of dislodging his grip on her.  “Please, Michael, please… I can’t do this.”

“Do you want me to distract you, milady?”

“God yes!  But how?  How can you distract me?  What could possibly…”

AnnieSweett
Online Now!
Lush Cams
AnnieSweett

He shifted his weight slightly, holding her briefly with one arm while the other dropped down and came back up again inside the coat.  His hand was on her naked ass, his palm against her skin and his fingers squeezed her buttocks.

“Oh!” she gasped in surprise, hardly aware he’d taken another step.  “You… you!”

“The damsel doth protest muchly,” he said, giving her ass a light slap before gripping it again and taking another step forward.

“The Knight is taking liberties with the damsel’s person,” she replied through gritted teeth, trying to focus on his touch, trying not to think of the ground beneath them.  But it was working.  What he was doing was helping.  And she liked it.  She wanted more.  Despite her fear, her arousal had spiked.

“We’re here, Vicki.  I’m going to put your feet down on the platform, okay?  I’m going to keep a hold on you too.  I want you to just hold onto the rail, and edge across slightly.  Can you do that?”

“I think I can if you keep your hand on my ass.”

He chuckled softly.  “I don’t recall being trained to do it that way, but in your case, I’m willing to make an exception.”

He set her down as promised, and the metal was ice-cold beneath her bare feet.  True to his word his hand slid round to her ass, pushing her slightly forward.  She took a tentative step further along the platform and grabbed desperately for the rail.  The cold wind rushed up under her coat making her shiver beneath his touch, but she couldn’t bring herself to object, to risk him pulling his hand away.  It was her lifeline, that touch: her Knight’s hand on her bare bottom, grounding her, keeping her sane.  Sane-ish.

She felt him step up behind her, his arm sliding tightly and protectively around her waist, pulling the gate closed behind them.

“Okay, milady.  Difficult part complete.  I need you to cling on to me and I’m going to take us down.  You’ll be on the ground before you know it.”

“Yes, Sir Knight.” It was so easy to release the railing and slide both hands around his neck instead.  She clung to him desperately, pushing herself against his chest. 

“We’re going to move,” he said, and the platform lurched beneath her. 

She swallowed a scream, her breath coming in fast, sharp gasps.  “More distractions, please Michael, more distractions!”

“You just want my hand on your ass again, don’t you?” he murmured, his lips against her ear.

The platform was moving beneath her, and she felt her panic threatening to overwhelm.  “Anything!  Distract me!”

“Shall I make you beg?” his voice carried a teasing note.

She pulled back to stare at him with wide eyes, his audacious question and tone providing the distraction she’d so desperately needed.  This was a side of him she hadn’t expected, and… she liked it.  Was he merely teasing, or was something deeper hinted at? 

There was one way to find out.  “Please, Sir Knight, please put your hand on my ass again, I beg it of thee.”

He smiled, a contented, self-satisfied, dominant smile, and there was enough light for her to see the gleam in his eyes.  Both his hands slid down her back, pulling up the low-hanging hem of his too-large coat, and gripping her ass with a tight squeeze. 

“I’d kiss you, but they’d see that,” he murmured, gazing into her eyes.  “As it is, we’re almost down.  You’ve done it, milady, you’re safe now.”

She pulled her eyes from his with an effort and looked about, seeing the commotion on the ground around her, the dozens of emergency vehicles and the hundreds of people.  Many of those close to them were pointing, clapping and cheering, and she felt herself flush with embarrassment.  She stepped back from him as the basket came to a jerking stop, its journey complete, and smiled at him, suddenly shy in the face of all the attention.

Plus, it would do him no good to be found with his hands on her naked ass, and it wasn’t as if the platform they’d travelled on fully obscured them. 

“Thank you, Sir Knight,” and she meant it with every fibre of her being.  Not for saving her life – though that was quite high up there – but for everything else.  She would never forget.

His gaze searched her face, but his expression was inscrutable.  “My pleasure, milady.”

An EMS crew was rapidly approaching with a gurney and several other firefighters had gathered around.  She could see the surprise on their faces as they realised she was in his jacket.  It told the whole story.

Well, almost the whole story.  The rest they could fill in themselves.  She was sure they would.

A large man in a firefighter’s uniform opened the gate of the basket, glanced questioningly towards Michael then held out his hand to assist her down.

Vicki hesitated, knowing she would be whisked away from him in an instant.  She turned back to him, going up on her toes to whisper in his ear.  “I’m safe because of you, Sir Knight.  I’ll only be safe with you.”

*

“I’m safe because of you, Sir Knight.  I’ll only be safe with you.”

He gazed at her in surprise, and she turned and took Dave’s hand, letting herself be helped to the ground.  The EMS crew descended, helping her to the gurney, and she was whisked away, lost in the crowd.

“Busy evening, Mike?”

He glanced over at Dave and grinned sheepishly.  “Have to leave some gear behind, Captain.”

Dave shook his head.  “So I see.” He held out his hand and Michael took it in a clasp, jumping down from the basket.  “I consider a life saved to be worth a bit of gear.”

Dave turned to look in the direction Vicki had disappeared.  “I’m not going to hear this whole story, am I?”

Michael shifted uncomfortably.  “I think it’s self-evident, and I see no reason to compromise the lady’s privacy more than has already been forced upon her this night.”

Dave glanced at him sideways, “In that case, you might want to wipe the lipstick off.”

Reflexively, Michael swiped his sleeve across his lips, rubbing firmly… before it occurred to him she’d been in the shower and, dark or not, she hadn’t been wearing lipstick.  He glared at Dave, who grinned smugly.

“Mmm, thought so.” Dave pushed the basket gates shut.  “Sign your kit out as ‘lost’ when we get back to the station, Mike.  And… er… don’t forget to include your jacket.  I’m guessing this isn’t the time to ask her for it back.”

“No, Captain, I don’t suppose it is.”  He gazed after her, but she was already lost in the mill of busy people in the dark, the strobe lights making it a challenge to see too far.  He had no idea where she was, and she’d been gone only a moment.  He felt like he was missing something, and it wasn’t his coat.

She’d be on her way to a hospital soon enough.  He should’ve told them to check for a possibility of hypothermia… but they knew their jobs.  She’d be fine.  She’d be safe.

“I’m safe because of you, Sir Knight.  I’ll only be safe with you.”

It was a nice fantasy, but she’d get over it.  It had been an intense evening for her – for both of them.  But it hadn’t been real.  She’d see that, in the morning.

More was the pity.

He stared after her wistfully, then shook his head and went to help the rest of the crew. 

 

~

One week later.

Why did all the fire stations have their doors closed all the time?  It would be so much easier if she didn’t have to go through the front desk.

“Excuse me… good morning.  I’m looking for Michael.  Is he here today please?”

The man behind the counter was writing and took a moment to look up.  “Do you have a last name?”

“Um… no.  I’m sorry, I don’t.  He did give it to me, but… I’m afraid I’ve forgotten.”  There was quite a lot going on that night.  And they’d taken his jacket away from her at the hospital, refusing to give it back.  Why didn’t I take his badge number?  She’d asked herself that so many times.

The man looked apologetic, spreading his hands helplessly.  “Then I’m sorry, miss, I can’t give out that kind of information.  I’m sure you understand.”

“Oh… yes, I suppose.” He nodded and looked down, picking up his pen again.  “Wait!  Er… sorry… it’s just that… I was at the apartment block last week.  You know, the one with the crane?  I… I met him there.  Could you please…”

He shook his head, not even looking up, “I’m sorry, miss, I wish I could, but… we have to protect the privacy of the men in our company.”

“Oh… yes, I understand.”

Vicki sighed in frustration.  This had been the eleventh station she’d tried, and the answer had been much the same: sorry-not-sorry, you can’t come in.

Dammit, why can’t I remember his name?

She’d e-mailed the fire department, expressing her desire to thank the firefighter who had rescued her.  They’d replied quite quickly, appreciating the sentiment and that they’d pass it on but no, they couldn’t release personal details.

There were dozens and dozens of fire stations that could have been in range for the events of the previous week.  The frustrating thing was that none of them would even talk to her, so she could have unknowingly asked at the correct one and been turned away.

Dejected, she turned to leave and almost collided with a large man as he came through the door.  He danced back with surprising reflexes. 

“Oops, my bad, sorry, miss.”

“No, it was my fault, don’t worry.”  Nothing for it but to keep trying.  She wouldn’t give up.  Not until she’d found Michael and he told her, himself, to leave him alone.  Not until then.

The thought made tears spring to her eyes.

Next station, then.  And the next, and the next, as long as it took.  Damn their stupid policies.

“Hey… hey miss?”

She turned back.  The large man she’d almost walked into was looking at her.  “Are you okay?”

“Oh… yes, I’m fine, thank you.  Just a bit frustrated.”

“You sure you’re okay?”  He took a step closer.  “Hey, don’t I know you?”

Vicki frowned, “I’m sorry, I don’t think so…”

“Yeah!  I remember.  You were that girl Mike brought down from the apartment block last week.” 

Her heart soared with hope.  “Um… yes, yes I am.  Do you know Michael?”

“Sure.  He’s in my company.  One second.”  The man turned away and yelled across the station.  “Amar!  Where’s Mike?”

“Upstairs!  You want him?”

“Yeah!  Can you grab him?”

“Sure, Captain.”

The man turned back to smile at Vicki.  “Technically, we don’t encourage vict… civilians from reaching out after events.  But, between you and me, Mike has been… well, let’s just say, seeing you here, I don’t think we should let ‘technically’ run our lives, eh?”

“No Sir, I don’t think we should let anything run our lives.”

“Right.”  He grinned at her.  “Mike’ll be down directly then.  I’ll leave you two to catch up.”

“Thank you, Sir.  Thank you very much.”

He grinned and walked off with a wave.

Vicki took a deep, steadying breath.  Three days of thinking.  Thinking really damn hard.  Four days of looking… and she hadn’t anticipated it taking so long.  And now the moment.  She should’ve thought harder about what to say.  She should’ve…

“Vicki?  Is that you?”

She turned.  He’d entered through a different door, catching her by surprise.

He looked much the same as she remembered, only… brighter.  But then, it wasn’t a dark and rainy night illuminated only by torchlight reflection or strobes.  Her eyes hungrily traced the contours of his face, reconciling what she saw with the memory she had of him.  He was more handsome now than he had been then.

He took a step closer.  “You okay?”

She realised she hadn’t said anything, she’d just been staring.  “Sorry.  I’ve… I’ve been looking for you for a while, and, well… now you’re here, and… and I had all these things I wanted to say to you, and…” she glanced toward the counter where the man sat, blatantly eavesdropping.  He diverted his gaze when she looked at him, but the damage was done.

Michael’s lips twitched and he took a step closer.  “Joe?  I’m taking this lady across the street for a coffee.  Beep me if I’m needed, okay?”

“Oh, right. Sure, Mike.”

He gestured to the doorway, “After you, milady.”

Vicki stepped out into the Fall sunshine, her heart racing as Michael came up behind her and placed his hand on the small of her back.  “There’s a really shit coffee shop just across the road.” He pointed, and she saw a run-down-looking café with a few empty tables in the window.  “Best thing about it?  No one ever goes there.  Want a really shit coffee?”

She smiled at him.  “I would absolutely love a really shit coffee.”

“Well then, milady, let’s jaywalk.”  The traffic was light enough that his proposal was easily accepted, and together they skipped across the road.

The proprietor of the coffee shop looked surprised to have patrons, glancing up from where he sat reading a tabloid newspaper.  Michael showed Vicki to the seat in the window, then left her to fetch the drinks.

She slipped off her coat and sat in one of the dingy, plastic seats, staring out at the grey window at the passing traffic.

She could rarely remember feeling happier… or more apprehensive.

He was back quickly with two white, porcelain mugs.  “I’d have asked what you wanted, but having been here a few times I can’t tell the difference between their cappuccino and their americano, so it probably doesn’t matter.”  He grinned, placing a cup before her and sat down with his.  A pile of sugar tubes and thin wooden stirrers followed, but she didn’t take one and neither did he.

“Which is this?” she asked, eyeing the drink before her.

“Cappuccino, in theory.”

She took a small sip, then lowered her cup and ever so slightly pushed it away. 

He chuckled, “I did warn you.”

“I remember wishing I could take you for a coffee when we were back in my… apartment.”

“And now here we are.  Have you managed to find somewhere to live?”

“No… I’m in a hotel.  It’s basic, but adequate.”

“I’m sorry about your apartment.”

“Oh, that’s okay.  I was renting.  It’s really no big deal.” She reached out and selected a sugar tube; something to fidget with.  “I lost a few things, of course… but little I can’t replace, in time.”

He nodded, “It’s funny how nearly everything ends up replaceable… except memories.”

“Yes,” she agreed.  She looked up at him, “But then you can always make new memories.”

“That’s the point, isn’t it?  Making new memories?”

“Yes,” she smiled.  “I made some about a week ago that have stuck with me.”

“Did you, now?  Sounds interesting.  Tell me about them.”

“Oh well,” she looked down at the tube in her hands, wrapping it around one finger in an absentminded way.  “Not much to tell, really.  Got stuck in a dragon’s cave, had to be rescued.  You know, the usual.”

He grinned.  “Sounds terrifying.”

“It was… fun.”

He sobered, leaning forward slightly.  “Fun?”

She kept her eyes on the table.  “Yes.  Fun.”

He glanced at his watch.  “I shouldn’t be away too long.  Bad form.”

“Yes, of course…” the paper tube split, spilling pale brown sugar across the table.

“I finish at six.  Pick you up for dinner at seven thirty?”

She looked up at him, “Okay.”

“Okay?”

She smiled, “That would be lovely.  Yes, please.”

They swapped phone numbers – she had a new phone and had saved her own number as a contact.  Her old phone had been lost.  She gave him the address of her hotel, too.

He stood, “I’ll see you this evening then, milady.”

“I’ll be waiting, Sir Knight.”

He grinned and made his way past her to the door.

She turned.  “Michael?”

“Yes?”

“What’s your last name?”

“Antonio.  My great-grandparents were Italian.  Yours?”

“Marsh.  My great-grandparents were… alligators, I guess.”

He laughed.  “See you later.  Looking forward to it.”

“Me too.”

  ***

Author's note:

Final part on its way. I hope you are enjoying the story. Please do leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Published 
Written by Altissimus
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments